I was a vegetarian for 16 years, so I am always looking for foolproof ways to cook meat. Here is a delicious recipe for chicken from Paleo Leap. I find the cilantro and lime give it a fresh taste. Serve it with a side of quinoa with beans for a Mexican themed meal. Enjoy!
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
4 tbsp. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. red chili flakes
1 tsp. cumin
Lime wedges, for garnishing;
Fresh cilantro; for garnishing;
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, red chili flakes, cumin, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken to the cilantro sauce, and let marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Heat up some cooking fat in a skillet and brown the chicken on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish the chicken with fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
SERVES: 4 PREP: 20 min + 2 h. COOK: 30 min.