I found this delicious, easy to make, Paleo and gluten-free Lemon Bar recipe via Simply Taylor and had to try it out. I love using almond flour because it contains the same dietary profile as whole almonds, which have more nutrients than any other tree nut and are packed with beneficial minerals and vitamins. Not to mention it contains healthy proteins and lowers cholesterol and blood pressure. However, as with everything, eat it in moderation as a cup of almond flour contains about 90 almonds (there are 7 calories in an almond).
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup almond butter (I used peanut butter, you can also use tahini)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat 9×9 baking dish with coconut oil or butter.
- Combine all crust ingredients in food processor until a “crumble” forms.
- Press crust evenly into the bottom of pan.
- Using a fork, prick a few holes into crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, combine all filling ingredients in a food processor until well
- When done, remove crust from oven and pour filling evenly over top.
- Continue to bake for 15-20 minutes
- Cool completely
via Simply Taylor