Recently I came across the vegan website Oh She Glows and I am simply obsessed! I am in the process of trying out various recipes and will post here. The following are super healthy and delicious crackers that I make once a week to replace my not so healthy store both ones.
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds (or pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 large garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp grated sweet onion
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the seeds together. In a small bowl, mix the water, grated garlic, and grated onion. Whisk well. Pour the water mixture onto the seeds and stir until thick and combined. Season with salt, and optional Herbamare and Kelp granules, to taste. Add spices or fresh herbs if you wish.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet with the back of a spoon until it’s less than 1/4 inch thick. Not to worry if a couple parts become too thin, you can just patch them up.
- Bake at 325F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, slice into crackers, carefully flip onto other side with a spatula. Bake for another 30 minutes, watching closely after about 25 minutes. The bottoms will be lightly golden in colour. Allow to cool completely on the pan. Store in a container or plastic baggy.