This is absolutely delicious! It reminds me of a healthy and yummier potato salad. It is great with crackers or in a wrap or even a sandwich.
- 1 (15-ounce/425-g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons store-bought or homemade vegan mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill (optional)
- 1 1/2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas with a potato masher until flaked in texture.
- Stir in the celery, green onions, pickles, bell peppers, mayonnaise, and garlic until combined.
- Stir in the mustard and dill and season with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper, adjusting the quantities to taste.
- Serve with toasted bread, on crackers, wraps, or on top of a basic leafy green salad.
Tip: If you’d like a soy-free version of this salad, be sure to use soy-free vegan mayonnaise. Veganaise makes a great soy-free version.