This super delicious simple to make salad is refreshing and perfect for pairing with fish.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves (about 5 cups lightly packed)
- 1 firm ripe pear, cored and sliced
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted in a dry skillet over a medium-high flame until fragrant, about 2 minutes
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Add the spinach leaves and toss to coat.
2. Divide the spinach among 4 serving plates. Place a quarter of the pear slices and walnuts on top of each salad.
170 calories 170, 13 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 5.8 g monounsaturated fat, 5.4 g polyunsaturated fat, 3 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium
Reprinted from Small Changes, Big Resultsby Ellie Krieger, © 2012 In Balance, LLC