This is a wonderful side dish that can be enjoyed with fish such as Salmon.
- 1 pnd Brussels
- 4 Green onions
- 1tsp finely shredded orange peel
- 2tbs orange juice
- 1tbs soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp honey
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 4oz shiitake mushrooms
- Trim ends off Brussels and cut in quarters lengthwise. Finely chop one of the green onions and cut the rest into 1 inch pieces diagonally.
- In a small bowl combine orange peel, orange juice, soy sauce, honey, serrano, and garlic.
- Heat 2tbs oil in a skillet on medium/high heat and add Brussels, green onions and mushrooms. Cook for 8 minutes or until Brussels are blackened and nearly tender.
- Pour in orange mixture and toss to coat. Cook for another 4 minutes until Brussels are fully tender.