If you are like me, you like to sleep in so anything that makes the morning go a bit smoother is a bonus. This recipe is fantastic as you make it on Sunday and then you have ready to go DELICIOUS breakfast for the rest of the week (granted I only made it to Wednesday because it tastes so good, I was eating it as a snack).
Makes 12 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 whole wheat bagels cut into bite size pieces
- 3oz package of smoked salmon cut into small pieces
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup fresh chives (optional)
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour melted butter into a 3quart rectangular baking dish and arrange bagel pieces in it. Sprinkle with salmon, top with cheese and chives.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cottage cheese and pepper and pour evenly over bagel bits. Press down gently. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
Per serving (3/4 cups)
- 267 cal
- 14 g of fat
- 16g of carbs
- 17 g protein
- 1 g fiber
- 3 g sugar