- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat (you can get a can of this stuff (you only need half) for $14 in the seafood section of your grocery store)
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- 2-3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 cups bread crumbs (I like to mix 1cup regular bread crumbs and 1 cup Panko Bread crumbs for added crunchiness. You can also get Italian seasoned bread crumbs and skip the old bay seasoning all together)
- 1 egg lightly beaten to coat prior to frying in 3 tablespoons oil
Stir in up to 1/2 cup of bread crumbs to mixture or as much is needed to bind ingredients. Shape into 4 – 6 cakes, depending on desired size. Place on a plate and chill for 1 hour in refrigerator. Dip each cake into beaten egg and then into bread crumbs and set aside. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook cakes on each side until golden brown.
Inspired by: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/simple-crab-cakes-recipe.html?oc=linkback