1 Italian Zucchini
- 4oz veggie “ground beef” (or lean ground turkey for you meat lovers)
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 diced tomatoes
- salt, pepper and oregano to taste
- 1/4 cottage cheese
- 1tbs Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
1/4 cup fat free mozzarella
- Slice Zucchini into 1/8 thick slices and sprinkle lightly with salt; set on paper towels to absorb some of the water.
- In a sauce pan cook the “meat,” onion, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Add salt, peper and oregano.
- In a bowl stir the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg white.
- Assemble by putting down a layer of “meat”, followed by zucchini slices, cheese layer, another layer of zucchini, “meat” layer and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375F for 35-40 minutes.